[Lynx-dev] lynx and cgi-proxies...please help!

From: Luca Rossi
Subject: [Lynx-dev] lynx and cgi-proxies...please help!
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 15:43:23 -0700 (PDT)

I am stacked with a problem that is seriously slowing
down my work, I would really appreciate your help...

I would like to use lynx with cgi-proxies, being able
to specify the target url and eventually search
options at the prompt line.

For example, I would like to be able to use the
generic proxy www.proxy.com to connect to yahoo and
search for a keyword, let's say "cnn".

I am thinging about something along this line:
adding http_proxy:http://www.proxy.com in the lynx.cfg

and use the following syntax:
lynx -source http://www.yahoo.com "moresyntax" cnn

with "moresyntax" being eventually a url-encoded
version of a yahoo search string for cnn.

I have tried many things, but nothing seems to work!

Any suggestion??

Thanks a lot
L. Rossi

 the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.