Re: [Lynx-dev] backspace vs. delete can't have separate function

From: Rado S
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] backspace vs. delete can't have separate function
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 16:32:36 +0200

=- Thomas Dickey wrote on Mon 28.May'07 at  9:05:50 -0400 -=

> It seems that curses is returning ^H as KEY_BACKSPACE (0x107 is
> 0407 for which see curses.h rather than lynx.cfg's KEYMAP), which
> lynx then translates into <delete> (see LYgetch_for()):

Argl, this means the only way to use both separately is to undefine
KEY_BACKSPACE or uncomment that code there?
Ugh, this doesn't even help: although it lists both with separate
functions, still the BS key doesn't produce the HISTORY function
as desired but some DOWN_LINK.

> GETCH: Got 0x107.
> LYReadCmdKey(0) -><delete> (0x7f)

Uh, here it produces this:
GETCH: Got 0x107.
LYReadCmdKey(0) ->End (0x107)

Is this "normal" or even "ok"?

>> BTW, what kind of codes >0xFF are those?
>> I know they are "function keys", but how are they translated?
>> How do they relate to literal chars pressed or terminfo?
>
> it's written down in lynx.cfg (but as noted above, curses and slang
> have their own codes which lynx first translates into its own):

I've seen the list before, I wasn't looking for the literal
translation, but rather why and how this happens the way it happens
with ncurses.