Re: [Lynx-dev] A new use of link-numbering--wish

From: hsv
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] A new use of link-numbering--wish
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 12:13:44 -0400

So like
 50<return> stays the same
 50x<return> is like navigate to link#50 and press x
<<<<<<<<
My real point is that the decimal numeral is now good only for ACTIVATE,
but when links are numbered it is no less meet for the other commands
that take a link. I offer a syntactical device for bringing them together.

I second that. However, what about form fields like submit buttons,
where 50<return> did not activate/follow the link until now? Should
it stay the same? What should it do for 50x<return>? Should it just
ignore the x in that case or execute it? In the latter case, how
about a postfix that works like 50<return><return>?
<<<<<<<<
I never thought of forms, only to conclude that there is no such useful
change for text input--not at all of buttons.