Re: [Lynx-dev] Having trouble viewing internationalized (Chinese) websit

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Having trouble viewing internationalized (Chinese) websites with Lynx.
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 22:47:19 +0000 (UTC)

Rashmi Rubdi dixit:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm new to Lynx, I'm trying to view the following i8n websites with
> Lynx using utf-8 character set.
>
> cn.msn.com

This site works for me:

←←←
     欢迎莅临 MSN 中国 (p1 of 11)

   [1]MSN大学生职场生存体验大赛
   2007年6月2日
   [2]释放个性空间,Spaces火热征集中

     * [3]网页
     * [4]图片
     * [5]桌面

   搜索
   网页
[6]________________________________________________________________________
[7]搜索网页
   欢迎进入MSN中文网
[…]

so I suppose your lynx isn't compiled with ncursesw or your terminal is
not uniciode capable. At least the page isn't gb2312, which isn't supported
right now.

I know nothing about Feodora GNU/Linux, though, sorry. Good luck finding
what this is. (Could you try building lynx for yourself if nobody else
responds within the next few days?)

bye,
//mirabile
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt