Re: [Lynx-dev] Having trouble viewing internationalized (Chinese) websit

From: Rashmi Rubdi
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Having trouble viewing internationalized (Chinese) websites with Lynx.
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 12:56:21 -0400

Sorry Throsten,

I meant to sent my previous e-mail to address@hidden , but I
guess the default Reply-To was your address.

-Rashmi

On 6/1/07, Rashmi Rubdi <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Thorsten,

Thank you for trying this and for the information on gb2312.

It is good to know that it worked for you, so I guess there might be something
incorrect in my configuration somewhere or I may have to compile Lynx.
Did you compile Lynx or used the default distribution when you tried
the internationalized
page?

We (at work) may be able to compile it , I'll have to check.

In addition to Linux I also tried this on Firefox's Lynx extension on
MS Windows XP, and
got the same output (non-chinese/improper characters).

But my focus is primarily on the command line Lynx, which we use on Linux.

We're investigating what could be the problem, but the fact that it
worked for you is good to know.

-Thank you
Regards

Rashmi