Re: [Lynx-dev] Having trouble viewing internationalized (Chinese) websit

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Having trouble viewing internationalized (Chinese) websites with Lynx.
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 19:05:30 +0000 (UTC)

Rashmi Rubdi dixit:

> It is good to know that it worked for you, so I guess there might be something
> incorrect in my configuration somewhere or I may have to compile Lynx.
> Did you compile Lynx or used the default distribution when you tried
> the internationalized
> page?

I've got my own operating system (MirBSD), so I obviously compiled it myself,
but on the other hand, you could call this the default distribution as well…
there's probably no answer to that question ☺

> We (at work) may be able to compile it , I'll have to check.

Good luck.

> In addition to Linux I also tried this on Firefox's Lynx extension on

I don't think that one has anything in common with real Lynx.

Henry Nelson dixit:

>Now I am even more interested in what fixed-width utf8 font you are using
>that has all the CJK ideographs.

I got the aforementioned page (cn.msn.com) to work with GNU Unifont.
I've put it as convenient download at http://mira.66h.42h.de/fonts/unifont.ttf
but please don't spread that URI _too_ much (I'm aware this list is
archived, but that doesn't matter as it's nothing illegal, just more
of a concern of traffic for the poor server owner, because that's my
personal archive).

bye,
//mirabile
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt