Re: [Lynx-dev] Having trouble viewing internationalized (Chinese) websit

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Having trouble viewing internationalized (Chinese) websites with Lynx.
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 19:06:24 +0900

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 07:05:30PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> I got the aforementioned page (cn.msn.com) to work with GNU Unifont.

It's very embarassing, but now I can't seem to get utf-8 to work. :(
I'm pretty sure I had it working at one time.  Trying it just now, I
get many filled in boxes and only some kanji.

(This URL might be better: http://czyborra.com/unifont/unifont.ttf.gz.
Actually I knew of unifont.  I went back to MS Gothic, although I forget
the reason.  It could be that NetBSD doesn't have a ja_JP.UTF-8 locale.
Or it could be that with my cataracts I have to increase to 14 or 16 points,
and only MS Gothic seemed to work at that size.)

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999