[Lynx-dev] Re: features new & newer

From: Philip Webb
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: features new & newer
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 18:37:33 -0400

070605 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> * add --enable-local-docs option to link doc-directory from help-page
>   (request by PW) -TD

Noticing that you had implemented a suggestion of mine (big smile),
may I make another, whose want has long been felt at least by me ?

Other browsers -- eg Firefox, Epiphany, Konqueror -- keep a cache
of URLs 'g'one to, search strings & other such user entries,
which persists between sessions & instances.
How difficult would it be for Lynx to do the same,
probably subject to some sensible choices in  lynx.cfg ?

Eg I commonly want to find the printing versions of news documents
-- '/print' usually gets them -- , but have to re-enter the string
every time Lynx is restarted after I've rebooted the machine (ie daily).
Could 'print' not be kept in say  ~/.lynxstrings  for re-use ?
The user could edit the file or delete it whenever s/he wanted
& decide in  lynx.cfg  how many of each type to keep available.