[Lynx-dev] Would Lynx try to download iFrames, External Javascript etc

From: Rashmi Rubdi
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Would Lynx try to download iFrames, External Javascript etc
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 17:09:38 -0400

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to test an html page with Lynx to see if Lynx tries to make
additional connections to get an iFrame  or external javascript or
external image src , if the html page contains those elements.

So far I tried using a web traffic sniffer such as tcpdump.

I started tcpdump on the Linux/Unix machine

tcpdump tcp and not port 22 -vv output.log

then I started lynx on my html page

lynx -dump -force_html -nolist -hiddenlinks=ignore first.html

tcpdump did not show any activity from Lynx (which is desired),

however, I just wanted to verify that it is true that Lynx does not (by itself)
try to download web page resources that are external to that web page such as

external images

external iframes

external javascript.

I appreciate , if anyone would confirm this.

-Regards
Rashmi