Re: Fwd: [Lynx-dev] Would Lynx try to download iFrames, External Javascr

From: hsv
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Lynx-dev] Would Lynx try to download iFrames, External Javascript etc
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 15:14:21 -0400

>The '-traversal' switch is for http URLs and cannot be used for
>'first.html'. ,
><<<<<<<<
>And I hav sometimes wished that it were not so.

How usefull would that be?
<<<<<<<<
I was a-looking for dud links in the help-file set.
With "-traversal" one gets a file for all links followed, for all links
because of error not followed, and one for all links not followed because
they point outside the website. The last were of interest, and it would
hav been helpful if I could automaticly from Lynx get them--from my own
computer, not by traversing through an on-line version.

It is far more certain if I get Lynx s version, not something that I put
together by scanning for "href=", somewhat complicated by this, that the
helpfiles are compressed.