Re: [Lynx-dev] important improvements

From: hsv
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] important improvements
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 06:29:18 -0400

>>>> 20070610 18:51 +0200, PBM . >>>>
Please look in LYMainLoop.c , mainloop func for handle_LYK_UP_xxx and
for handle_LYK_DOWN_xxx and then look for handle_LYK_UP_TWO,
handle_LYK_DOWN_TWO, handle_LYK_DOWN_HALF, handle_LYK_UP_HALF, notice
something?
<<<<<<<<
I wrote as I did largely because I doubted that the parametrization to
which you referred was there for the user. I suspected that it was there
only for the programmer, and you confirmed that.

To repeat from first post in this thread: I do not find scrolling by
two always usefull, so let user change how many lines would be
scrolled via SCROLL_STEP global variable which could be changed from
lynx.cfg, of course.
<<<<<<<<
By no means. If this is to be a volatile parameter, "lynx.cfg" is a bad
place for keeping it. It is too central, especiallie when it is a protected
file for a bunch of Lynx-users. The option-file is much better than that.

But for it to be reallie volatile, there shall be means of more swiftly
during a run setting it, as one picks a URL or a file-name for saving or
printing to--that is, new code for setting the scrolling-distance. Now
what becomes of making the code smaller?