Re: [Lynx-dev] patch: extended numbering wish

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] patch: extended numbering wish
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:47:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, PBM . wrote:

On 6/12/07, Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 06:18:23PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> PBM . dixit:
>
> > previous goto page is changed to key for PRINT (default 'p' and 'P')
>
> -    } else if (c == 'p' || c == 'P') {
> +    } else if (c == LYK_PRINT) {
>
> this is bogus, 'p' is a mnemonic for page, LYK_PRINT is 'p' by
> default but not necessarily.

yes (it's not as simple as that to use the bound-key).

P/p as mnemonic to page do not mean nothing for non-english speakers.

I agree that the key assignments should all be rebindable.

But LYK_PRINT already has a different meaning.

Implementing rebinding for the scattered places where they're not localized isn't likely to be just that simple.

btw, should we provide buttons with icons for this stuff ?

sounds like another prompt/message - I'm not sure what that would look like.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net