Re: [Lynx-dev] "lynx -child" implies "-restrictions=disk_save"

From: PBM .
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] "lynx -child" implies "-restrictions=disk_save"
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 22:32:43 +0000

That patch is useless

from mainloop:

#endif /* DIRED_SUPPORT */
   } else if (child_lynx == TRUE) {
       return (1);             /* exit on left arrow in main screen */

As you can see only this line need change for "child_relaxed"

On 6/16/07, Andrew Belov <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm trying to wire Lynx with the Snownews RSS reader. Both fit together
nicely except that "-child", while enabling seamless return from Lynx to
the RSS article list, bars file-saving at the same time.

I'm not aware why were the restrictions introduced in the first place,
so I hacked a "-child_relaxed" option (see the attached patch) as a
makeshift. The patch also takes out seemingly redundant checks that
involve both child_lynx and no_disk_save.

Note there's one additional location in LYPrint.c that may need
attention WRT child restrictions:

if (child_lynx == FALSE && no_mail == FALSE && local_host_only == FALSE)

It seems logical as long as file-saving is disallowed, but if we choose
to do away with implied restrictions for "-child", then the check for
child_lynx==FALSE should be lifted.