RE: [Lynx-dev] 2.8.7dev.5 and /bin/znew

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: RE: [Lynx-dev] 2.8.7dev.5 and /bin/znew
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 06:50:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Virden, Larry W. wrote:

My first thought would be that /bin or /bin/znew have permissions that prevent
the userid running lynx from removing it...

Actually my first thought was that /bin/znew was some apparently random
name.  However - perhaps the problem is some pathname-parsing problem
related to its being up near "/".  (I'm not inclined to remove /bin/znew,
but can test on /tmp ;-)