Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx vs Solaris xterm

From: Rado S
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx vs Solaris xterm
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:17:48 +0200

=- Virden, Larry W. wrote on Fri 22.Jun'07 at 11:12:28 -0400 -=

> When I use lynx in Sun Solaris's xterm, I see no colors on the
> pages. Is this a limitation of Sun's curses library, Sun's xterm,
> the web page, or something I am doing wrong in configuring lynx?

sun's xterm is only mono colored.
If you want colors, use dtterm or install your own color-xterm.

> The colors in particular I am interested in are actually being
> supplied via css - here's an example of a web page:

Once you have a color capable term, make sure lss (css) is enabled
in your binary. (options -> lynx.cfg -> compile time options)

> http://wiki.tcl.tk/_diff/18150
> where the page displays some content in green vs pink to indicate
> changes on the page.

Uh... AFAIK only lynx-internal (HTML) elements can be colored, no
generic css support.