Re: [Lynx-dev] NEXT_DOC & minor history bug

From: PBM .
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] NEXT_DOC & minor history bug
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 22:17:25 +0200

On 6/25/07, Doug Kaufman <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007, PBM . wrote:

> On 6/24/07, Thorsten Glaser <address@hidden> wrote:
> > PBM . dixit:
> >
> > > Also maping alt+left arrow and alt+right arrow
> >
> > There's no such thing as an Alt key on some keyboards.
>                                          ^^^^
> Some doesnt mean all, also some machines doesnt have keyboard at all.
> I'am more interested how to do that without changing anything in source
code.
> (in personal lynx.cfg) because alt+arrows are not documented in LYKeymap.c

You can use the keybindings, if present, from your curses
implementation to map "ALT" key combinations. For examples, see
the files pdcurses.key, djgpp.key, and slang.key in the "docs"
subdirectory of the lynx distribution. The DOS version which I
distribute uses the pdcurses keymappings and can bind the "ALT" key
combinations. I took these from the "curses.h" file of the pdcurses
distribution.

Thanks, but I only use ncurses on xterm and cons25. vim is able to map
alt + arrows in xterm.(and I steal some codes from vim online help)
I was able to map Alt + Shift + c and others maybe also arrows, if I
lucky to guess it, inside lynx (on xterm of course)
The bad thing is that part of KEYMAP output from lynx look like this:

A           NEXT_DOC      undo going back to the previous document
Ae           PREV_DOC      go back to the previous document

A is Alt + Shift + c and NEXT_DOC works
Ae is Alt + Shift + d and PREV_DOC works

Note that 'A' is still add bookmark and still works. This is obvious bug.

Try it yourself (on xterm of course)
KEYMAP:0xc3:NEXT_DOC
KEYMAP:0xc4:PREV_DOC