[Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.8.5 build failure on VMS 7.3 with TCPIP

From: dominic stephens
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.8.5 build failure on VMS 7.3 with TCPIP
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:29:35 +0000

Dear All, I'm trying to build Lynx 2.8.5 on OpenVMS v7.3 with (DEC/Compaq/HP) TCPIP services v5.1-5 on a simh simulated vax with compaq C v6.4. It fails with the following message:

[-.WWW.Library.Implementation]WWWLib_UCX.olb/library, -
sys$disk:[]UCXOLB.opt/opt, sys$disk:[]VAXC.opt/opt
sys$library:ucx$ipc/library
%LINK-F-OPENIN, error opening SYS$COMMON:[SYSLIB]UCX$IPC.OLB; as input
-RMS-E-FNF, file not found
$ CLEANUP:

Presumably this is because I have TCPIP not the older UCX. Has anyone successfully built Lynx with TCPIP? Could anyone give me any pointers as to how I could modify build.com to make it work?

My VMS and C knowledge is limited but I'd like to give it a go and am willing to learn. Thanks in advance. Cheers - Dominic

Win tickets to the sold out Live Earth concert!  http://liveearth.uk.msn.com