Re: Fwd: [Lynx-dev] lynx not honoring apache document root path

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Lynx-dev] lynx not honoring apache document root path
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:51:39 -0400

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 07:38:43PM +0200, Hendrik-Jan Heins wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> I'm sorry, but I'm not that good at reading the trace lynx gives. I
> can sort of see what's happening, and it looks like lynx approaches
> the request from different paths. Apparently they don't work as in the

not exactly - it's parsing the URL for different things.
To make sense of it, I guess you have to read the C code.

> end lynx resorts to some sort of apache root.
> If that is happening, what doesn't lynx "see" the page right at the
> correct location?

I already pointed out the most likely issue: the string that lynx
shows in the trace file has embedded newlines:

GET /query_part.php?brandname=
1st%20Wave
 HTTP/1.0\r

A quick check with wireshark for w3m shows this line:

GET /query_part.php?brandname=1st+Wave HTTP/1.0\r

Checking the same thing for lynx shows just the first line:

GET /query_part.php?brandname=

The other text shows up in the miscellaneous data display, but is not
recognized.

Aside from a syntax error in the page (which doesn't _seem_ to be related),
I don't see anything in the vicinity of the query which would do that.
But it's something that can be debugged (I just haven't gotten to it yet).