Re: Fwd: [Lynx-dev] lynx not honoring apache document root path

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Lynx-dev] lynx not honoring apache document root path
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:06:28 +0100

Hendrik-Jan Heins wrote:
I also tested with other browsers and they seem to be fine w> But I am curious: do you think this is something a lot of people get
wrong? Because that would mean that this is a bigger problem then it
seems. And I have no idea how much browsers actually do with the
enctype parameter...

I would think that error is almost vanishingly rare. About the only time most codes will set the parameter is when they are explicitly setting it to the multipart form data value, in order to allow submission of files. The default covers most other cases and most coders cut and paste and only look at parameters and values when things don't work the way they want.

I can only imagine that the error was the result of actually looking at the list of parameters and trying to se values for them all. This is just not the way the average "web designer" works.
--
David Woolley