Re: [Lynx-dev] cannot build release-notes.txt of wireshark sources

From: Toralf Förster
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] cannot build release-notes.txt of wireshark sources
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:24:23 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 16. August 2007 schrieb Stefan Caunter:
> I'm confused. Is the suggestion here that the lynx browser has something to
> do with wireshark?
No, I run into an issue while creating a txt file from a xml file within the svn
repo of wireshark. This has nothing to do with wireshark itself.

> If you use the lynx browser in a pipe to dump output, and you get html, add
> one more pipe and let lynx render it as text and then dump it out.

Unfortunately this doesn't help. The problem (at least at my linux system) is,
that lynx produces txt-output only if I view a web page like :

$>lynx -dump -width=72 -nolist lynx.browser.org

The above works, however anything like

$> "xsltproc" --stringparam generate.toc "article nop" --nonet
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/docbook.xsl
release-notes.xml > out; lynx -dump -stdin <out

doesn't work, regardless whether I use a pipe between xsltproc and lynx or not
:-(

--
MfG/Sincerely

Toralf Förster