[Lynx-dev] Re: [BUTTON]

From: Dallas
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: [BUTTON]
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:15:10 -0700

> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:50:49 +0200
> From: Rado S <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
>
> =- Thorsten Glaser wrote on Tue 18.Sep'07 at 14:15:48 +0000 -=
>
> > Jim Miles dixit:
> >
> > >Lynx has "[BUTTON]" that is not selectable.
> > [...]
> > >Is there something I am missing?
> >
> > Yes, these are JavaScriptTM-only things, with which lynx cannot do
> > anything sensible.
>
> Hmm, <button type="submit"> is the same as <input type="submit">?
> At least for those simple cases when a dummy uses buttons rather
> than simple submit fields lynx could treat them equivalently.
>
> --
> © Rado S. -- You must provide YOUR effort for your goal!

I've had some success on a few sites with the following privoxy
customization, in the /etc/privoxy/user.filter file
(the file you need to add this to may be different with different
versions/builds of privoxy):

FILTER: js-submits bypass particularly annoying JavaScript submits

s|</form|<input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit (privoxy)"> </form|ig
s|(<form[^>]*>)|$1 <input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit (privoxy)">
|ig

The second edit is needed because some pages don't bother with
formalities like properly "formed" HTML.
I activate this by adding js-submits to 'myfilters' in 'user.action'.

Two sites/pages this has frequently been usefull on are the inner
pages of reserving material on the Los Angeles Public Library,
(http://www.lapl.org)
and the Trip Planner for the (L.A. County) Metropolitan Transit Authority
(http://www.mta.net).

It should be noted that w3m and members of the links family
may have a command, not necessarily mapped by default to any key,
to force submission of an HTML form whether it has a proper
HTML submit button or not.

Regards, Dallas E. Legan II / address@hidden / address@hidden
"Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!"
        - "At the Mountains of Madness", H.P. Lovecraft