Re: [Lynx-dev] [wishlist] sending webpage as e-mail

From: YP
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] [wishlist] sending webpage as e-mail
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:01:44 +0200

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 11:36:02AM +0000, Paul B. Mahol wrote:
> I tested it and it works with sendmail.

That's what the test output below confirms...

> Did you try to edit lynx.cfg and replace sendmail with exim?
> # Unix:
> #======
> # The mail path and flags normally are defined for sendmail (or submit
> # with MMDF) in userdefs.h.  You can change them here, but should first
> # read the zillions of CERT advisories about security problems with Unix
> # mailers.
> #
> .ex 2
> #SYSTEM_MAIL:/usr/mmdf/bin/submit
> #SYSTEM_MAIL_FLAGS:-mlruxto,cc\*
> #
> .ex 2
> #SYSTEM_MAIL:/usr/sbin/sendmail
> #SYSTEM_MAIL_FLAGS:-t -oi
> #
> .ex 2
> #SYSTEM_MAIL:/usr/lib/sendmail
> #SYSTEM_MAIL_FLAGS:-t -oi

I'm only using Gnu/Linux PCs.

This is the comparative test I just have done:

$ Comparing lynx.cfg: looking for exim or sendmail lines  in both cfg files;
first the old one, v2.8.4 under Sarge Debian,
then the new one, v2.8.5 on Etch Debian.
If someone see the difference I will appreciate he should tell me what it is
and why does the Sarge Lynx works with that same config using postfix or
exim,
and Etch doesn't works using exim?
(starfish = Debian Sarge machine)

$ grep -i exim lynx.cfg_starfish
No any exim line

$ grep -i exim /etc/lynx.cfg
Idem no any exim line

$ grep -i sendmail lynx.cfg_starfish
# The mail path and flags normally are defined for sendmail (or submit

#SYSTEM_MAIL:/usr/sbin/sendmail

#SYSTEM_MAIL:/usr/lib/sendmail

# Please read sendmail.txt in the LYNX_W32.ZIP distribution

#SYSTEM_MAIL:sendmail -f address@hidden -h my.host -r my.smtp.mailer -m SMTP

$ grep -i sendmail /etc/lynx.cfg
# The mail path and flags normally are defined for sendmail (or submit

#SYSTEM_MAIL:/usr/sbin/sendmail

#SYSTEM_MAIL:/usr/lib/sendmail

# Please read sendmail.txt in the LYNX_W32.ZIP distribution

#SYSTEM_MAIL:sendmail -f address@hidden -h my.host -r my.smtp.mailer -m SMTP

Y P