Re: [Lynx-dev] [wishlist] sending webpage as e-mail

From: Paul B. Mahol
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] [wishlist] sending webpage as e-mail
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:15:43 +0000

On 9/26/07, YP <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 11:36:02AM +0000, Paul
B. Mahol wrote: > > I tested it and it works with
sendmail. >
> That's what the test output below confirms...
>
> > Did you try to edit lynx.cfg and replace
sendmail with exim? > > # Unix:
> > #======
> > # The mail path and flags normally are
defined for sendmail (or submit > > # with MMDF)
in userdefs.h.  You can change them here, but
should first > > # read the zillions of CERT
advisories about security problems with Unix
> > # mailers.
> > #
> > .ex 2
> > #SYSTEM_MAIL:/usr/mmdf/bin/submit
> > #SYSTEM_MAIL_FLAGS:-mlruxto,cc\*
> > #
> > .ex 2
> > #SYSTEM_MAIL:/usr/sbin/sendmail
> > #SYSTEM_MAIL_FLAGS:-t -oi
> > #
> > .ex 2
> > #SYSTEM_MAIL:/usr/lib/sendmail
> > #SYSTEM_MAIL_FLAGS:-t -oi
> >

> I'm only using Gnu/Linux PCs.
>
> This is the comparative test I just have done:
>
> $ Comparing lynx.cfg: looking for exim or
sendmail lines  in both cfg files; > first the
old one, v2.8.4 under Sarge Debian, > then the
new one, v2.8.5 on Etch Debian. > If someone see
the difference I will appreciate he should tell
me what it is > and why does the Sarge Lynx works
with that same config using postfix or
> exim,
> and Etch doesn't works using exim?
> (starfish = Debian Sarge machine)
>
> $ grep -i exim lynx.cfg_starfish
> No any exim line
>

> $ grep -i exim /etc/lynx.cfg
> Idem no any exim line
>

> $ grep -i sendmail lynx.cfg_starfish
> # The mail path and flags normally are defined
for sendmail (or submit >
> #SYSTEM_MAIL:/usr/sbin/sendmail
>
> #SYSTEM_MAIL:/usr/lib/sendmail
>
> # Please read sendmail.txt in the LYNX_W32.ZIP
distribution >
> #SYSTEM_MAIL:sendmail -f address@hidden -h my.host
-r my.smtp.mailer -m SMTP >

> $ grep -i sendmail /etc/lynx.cfg
> # The mail path and flags normally are defined
for sendmail (or submit >
> #SYSTEM_MAIL:/usr/sbin/sendmail
>
> #SYSTEM_MAIL:/usr/lib/sendmail
>
> # Please read sendmail.txt in the LYNX_W32.ZIP
distribution >
> #SYSTEM_MAIL:sendmail -f address@hidden -h my.host
-r my.smtp.mailer -m SMTP >

> Y P

ev

Please do not use 2.8.5 or anything older than
2.8.6 that is first thing you should do.
Why, because newer versions of lynx are better.

It is clear that lynx doesn't have any bug
relating with printing option 2 ie Mail the file
whatever version you use 2.8.x It is also clear
that lynx already have this feature, there is no
reason to wish something which is already
implemented.
If you do not have sendmail(1) on your system,
look in lynx.cfg and edit appropriate lines. If
you do not have such permision, to edit such file
ask your system administrator, or run lynx with
lynx -cfg=/path/to/your/configuration/file if
lynx does not allow -cfg switch, your at dead end
-> recompile your own version of lynx.

Bye