Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx 2.8.7dev5 and damaged characters

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx 2.8.7dev5 and damaged characters
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 09:10:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Virden, Larry W. wrote:

I have been told that yet again, attempts to use lynx 2.8.7dev5
on the page updating function of http://wiki.tcl.tk/18152 has resulted in the
page being damaged.  Here's a diff of the change - my "real" change
was some text added to the bottom of the page (and a blank line
added to the top of the page).

What I see is problems editing UTF-8 text (which is a known limitation).

For anything complicated in a textarea, I'd assume you would
use an external editor, e.g., using ^X-e.  Are you doing that?

(If lynx is mishanding text from an external editor, that's a
different issue which can be fixed a little easier than by
rewriting the input code).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net