Re: [Lynx-dev] Support for X.509 and GnuTLS

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Support for X.509 and GnuTLS
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 06:43:03 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007, Joey Schulze wrote:

Der Lynx developers,

I noticed that the changelog of 2.8.7dev.5 claims to add support to
the X.509 extension subjectAltName.  However, upon reading the source
it turned out that this feature is only available when using OpenSSL
but not when using GnuTLS.

Therefore I worked on support for subjectAltName for GnuTLS in Lynx on
my own.  Please find the result in the attached patch.  I'd be glad if
it could be included as is or modified, as you like.

The patch is made against 2.8.7dev.7.

thanks

--
Thomas E. Dickey