Re: [Lynx-dev] Directory listing

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Directory listing
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:22:21 +0000

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 07:43:55PM +0100, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am running Lynx Version 2.8.7dev.7. http://incoming.debian.org
> looks strange. The directory listing isn't separated by tabs or
> something. They switched to Apache 2  and told me that formatting
> has changed in that version (a <table> instead of <pre>).

The collapsed view is due to the sequence

appearing in the header and footer of the table.  Lynx doesn't know
how to handle <hr> appearing within a table so it falls back to minimal
table handling.

I don't know how easy it would be to fix that.  Certainly Lynx wouldn't
be able to handle "a<hr>b" appearing within a table because it doesn't
handle paragraphs and expects to find text that can be written on a
single line.  However, <hr> by itself might be considered a special
case.

imc