[Lynx-dev] Re: [Mpg123-devel] Rewritten win32 audio output modules

From: ravenexp
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: [Mpg123-devel] Rewritten win32 audio output modules
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:53:42 +0200

> Whoa! Hm... what happens when you press "pause"? Does winamp discard the 5
> secs?
> Or... hm, you can specifically tell the device to pause playback, regardless
> of filled buffers?
> Of course, another thing is fast forward play.

Winamps' output plugin interface contains the following methods:
    int (*Open)(int samplerate, int numchannels, int bitspersamp, int
bufferlenms, int prebufferms);
    void (*Close)();
    int (*Write)(char *buf, int len);
    int (*CanWrite)();
    int (*IsPlaying)();
    int (*Pause)(int pause);
    void (*SetVolume)(int volume);
    void (*SetPan)(int pan);
    void (*Flush)(int t);

So, I assume, Pause() thing does the trick here. You might consider adding
similar functionality to mpg123 output module interface.
I believe all decent audio APIs allow application to pause/resume playback
without flushing buffers. ALSA and winmm surely do.