Re: [Lynx-dev] what 'name' (useragent?) for 'I do frames'?

From: David Dorward
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] what 'name' (useragent?) for 'I do frames'?
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 20:04:16 +0000

On 3 Dec 2007, at 19:22, David Combs wrote:

Lynx does do frames, no?

Sort of. It turns them into links, and then renders the noframes content (if the page is well written, then the noframes content is likely to be a lot easier to deal with then dipping in and out of the various pages designed for viewing in frames).

Then what switch (option) to use to tell sites that
yes, this browser does do frames?

I've never encountered a site that selected a framed or non-framed version based on anything the browser sent. The decision is all handled client side, and I don't know of any options regarding that in lynx. The above is what you get.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/