Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem accessing a site with Lynx

From: Stefan Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem accessing a site with Lynx
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:37:26 -0500

On 12/29/07, Frédéric L. W. Meunier <address@hidden> wrote:
> http://mamedev.org/ (returns an "Apache 2 Test Page")

Trace shows that the server replies 403 to the request for "/"

> http://mamedev.org/release.html ("03 Forbidden")
>
> They work fine with Firefox. Any idea about what's wrong on
> their (?) side ? The site looks clean (no Javascript and such).

It's not that we send HTTP/1.0, a telnet session to port 80 returns
the 403 page whether I specify 1.0 or 1.1 and a host header. The
server is set to send the test page for errors.
I tried to trigger a 404 and got a different 403 response, which talks
about padding error pages to accomodate IE7 wanting more than 512 byte
I have not followed the latest apache developments, but there may be a
"workaround" module for IE7. Either that or an application gateway is
mangling something.

Stefan Caunter
http://caunter.ca/contact.html