RE: [Lynx-dev] support for SVG: Scaleable Vector Graphics

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: RE: [Lynx-dev] support for SVG: Scaleable Vector Graphics
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:44:31 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Larson, Timothy E. wrote:

Paul B. Mahol <mailto:address@hidden> wrote:
Not really, there are svg viewers out there, and as fact here is lines
from custom lynx.cfg file: VIEWER:image/svg+xml:xsvg %s &:XWINDOWS
VIEWER:image/svg:xsvg %s &:XWINDOWS
DOWNLOADER:Use sodipodi to view:sodipodi %s &:TRUE:XWINDOWS

So lynx already support svg in the same way as ordinary pictures, ....

I was being a wee bit facetious.  :)  The idea of displaying ASCII
graphics in the terminal window right in Lynx was too much geekish humor
to pass up.

it's been suggested before (I seem to recall some discussion of SVG a few years ago). Of course, lynx could easily handle an external viewer that
displays with ASCII graphics...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net