[Lynx-dev] viewing of local .c and .h files

From: Jasper
Subject: [Lynx-dev] viewing of local .c and .h files
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 17:35:46 +0100

Hello list,

In my system ( Debian Etch ) Lynx calls 'less' to view local files
with .c or .h extension.

Now I want Lynx to display these files simply like other plain textfiles
in the 'internal' viewer.

I can trick Lynx into doing that by commenting out the corresponding
lines in /etc/mime.types : apparently Lynx defaults to the internal
viewer if it does not know what else to do.

My question is: what is the proper way to do this ?

Note: if I tell it to call Lynx in stead of 'less' ( in /etc/mailcap or
~/.mailcap ) then it starts a second instance of Lynx, which is also not
what we want.

Thanks, Jasper.