[Lynx-dev] Lynx under Vista

From: hsv
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Lynx under Vista
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 11:46:47 -0500

I found that Doug Kaufman s Win98 version works also under Vista,
which we now use. I use this batch file; note that the batch files
are more sophisticated than formerly:

set TERM=ansi
set LYNX_CFG=%ProgramFiles:\=/%/^^/lynx-win/lynx.cfg
set SSL_CERT_FILE=%ProgramFiles:\=/%/^^/wget/cacert.pem
set USER=hsv
set HOME=%APPDATA:\=/%/lynx
set WWW_HOME=~
set LYNX_SAVE_SPACE=~/NEW/
set LYNX_LSS=~/HILDOCAG.LSS
SET address@hidden
"%ProgramFiles%\^\lynx-win\lynx.exe" %*

(Yes, I really named a directory "^".) Since Lynx understands
the Microsoft-kind backslash the replacements ":\=/" are quite
needless, but to me it looks neater.

But, I suspect, it is not quite in keeping with Vista s style
to leave "lynx.cfg" in the program directory; there is another
directory environmental symbol:

ProgramData=C:\ProgramData

set LYNX_CFG=%ProgramData:\=/%/lynx/lynx.cfg

Maybe that is better.