Re: [Lynx-dev] shouldn't <br><br> give a blank line?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] shouldn't <br><br> give a blank line?
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 09:01:38 -0400

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 12:13:13AM -0800, Stefan Caunter wrote:
> On 3/8/08, Henry Nelson <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi, long time no see.  Hope everyone's fine.
> >
> > I was trying to put a blank line between a couple of links with
> > two <br>'s, but they got collapsed into one carriage return.
>
> iirc this is a specific setting in lynx.cfg

.h2 COLLAPSE_BR_TAGS
# If COLLAPSE_BR_TAGS is set FALSE, Lynx will not collapse serial BR tags.
# If set TRUE, two or more concurrent BRs will be collapsed into a single
# line break.  Note that the valid way to insert extra blank lines in HTML
# is via a PRE block with only newlines in the block.
#
#COLLAPSE_BR_TAGS:TRUE