[Lynx-dev] Gopher directory rendering problem

From: Ciprian Dorin Craciun
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Gopher directory rendering problem
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 09:51:30 +0200

    Hello all!

    These days I have started playing with gopher and lynx. And I
think there is an error in the way it renders the directory listings:
the first and second items are rendered on the same line. (I am using
the latest lynx stable version 2.8.6.)

    For example you could try gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/ and the
result would be:
                                  Gopher Menu

       Welcome to Floodgap Systems' official gopher server.       Floodgap has b
een serving the gopher community since
       1999 (formerly gopher.ptloma.edu).
[...]

    But the good result would be:
                                  Gopher Menu

       Welcome to Floodgap Systems' official gopher server.
       Floodgap has been serving the gopher community since
       1999 (formerly gopher.ptloma.edu).
[...]

    Or you could try gopher://gopher.quux.org/1/Archives and obtain:
                                  Gopher Menu

(FILE) [1]Comprehensive Master Index (DIR) [2]Mailing Lists
 (DIR) [3]Online Books Initiative
[...]

    Thanks all.
    Ciprian.

    P.S.: Please keep me in the copy of the message, as I am not on
the mailing list.