Re: [Lynx-dev] Reparse helper output

From: Rado S
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Reparse helper output
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:12:17 +0200

=- Thomas Dickey wrote on Fri 11.Apr'08 at 15:40:21 -0400 -=

>> I use converters to display various non-textual content textually.
>> Some of those produce HTML output.
>> How can I let the single lynx session act as browser/ pager to
>> work with such output itself rather than invoking a lynx
>> sub-session from mailcap?
>
> other than generating an index into a set of files that lynx can
> browse (and refresh as files are added), I don't see a way - lynx
> isn't reading data from other local processes.

Ah, that's too bad.
Think of how mutt handles mailcap filters, refeeding output to the
own pager.
Would it be hard for an amateur hacker to implement this in lynx?
Are there side effects I'm unaware of like security issues or other
unwanted results?