Re: [Lynx-dev] Bug: CGI, POST-data

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Bug: CGI, POST-data
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 00:48:11 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Dickey dixit:

>The simplest solution (which might be correct - will have to check)
>would be to discard that data immediately after it is used to POST the form.

I _might_ have an application case for when that is not good:
think of phpBB web fora, where you can submit some content, and then
get a message that you must wait X seconds before submitting again
(as a rate limiter), where you can just press ^R to do that.

How about looking at the origin of the link? If it’s from an <a> tag,
use GET unconditionally. That seems to be the most natural solution
to me. If that’s possible from the code, that is.

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt