[Lynx-dev] downloading various files. x y z ok; .muttrc "file name can't

From: David Combs
Subject: [Lynx-dev] downloading various files. x y z ok; .muttrc "file name can't start with a dot". HUH?
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 04:19:02 -0400

Very, very strange.

Here I am downloading from my isp (www.panix.com) via
my "shell account" there (unix -- well, actually net-bsd)
down to *my* computer (a Sun), and from my computer
I'm just going down through the index.html, downloading
file after file.

   (Yeah, I could have tarred.bz2 them all up and "automated"
     it, so to speak, but for these few I'm just doing it
     "by hand", doing a "d" on each one.)

Anyway, on .muttrc, I get this message telling me that I
can't download a file whose name begins with a dot.

I have never before seen such a message.

(No, I haven't tryed to duplicate what happened --
the fact that it happened once -- heck, the fact
that such an error-msg even exists is worry enough!)

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

David