[Lynx-dev] We'll Call You: SVG: title, desc and text

From: Jonathan Chetwynd
Subject: [Lynx-dev] We'll Call You: SVG: title, desc and text
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 15:27:00 +0100

We'll Call You: SVG: title, desc and text

Thomas,

Has a start on SVG been possible?
Providing the <title> content would be a great demonstration!

http://www.openicon.org is an svg search engine in pre-alpha.
It would be amazing if this could be created to work with lynx as development progresses.

regards

~:"

my logo

Jonathan Chetwynd

address@hidden
http://www.openicon.org/

+44 (0) 20 7978 1764

>> it would be enormously helpful if lynx recognised SVG as a filetype, without an html wrapper.

ie displayed appropriate content in the case where someone navigated directly to an SVG file rather than one embedded in html as an image, the first step is to provide the document title for SVG files:

Opera for instance uses the title content in this file:
as a label for the window, and as the default text when bookmarking.