Re: [Lynx-dev] storing sessions

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] storing sessions
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 23:54:46 -0400

080517 Paul B. Mahol wrote:
> On 5/17/08, Philip Webb <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I just updated to dev9 & enabled session cache.
>> How do I get Lynx to store all my sessions in the same file ?
>> I don't want odd session files scattered all over my directories,
>> but that seems to be what it does without further instruction.
>> I would like to use  ~/.lynx_session  whatever directory I invoke Lynx from.
>> I tried doing it via the 'o'ptions page, but it didn't work.
> Yes, I know, code which handle ~/ stuff is broken/missing
> and I dont have time to fix/add it.

No problem with that: thanks a lot for adding this feature to Lynx.

> Instead use full directory name: /home/username/.lynx_session

That was my guess, but it was at the end of a long day (smile).

> First put following lines in global lynx.cfg file:
>   ENABLE_LYNXRC:auto_session:ON
>   ENABLE_LYNXRC:session_file:ON
> And after that start new lynx session and configure file via 'o' page.

No, that doesn't work: the 'o'ptions list still shows session with '!'
& if you enter the file name there, it isn't saved in  .lynxrc .
However, if you simply enter the full dir name in  lynx.cfg ,
it is recognised even when Lynx is started from a subdir.

For TD : I suggest adding to  lynx.cfg  after the line

  # (The current working directory may be changed inside lynx)

the lines

  # If you want to use the same session file wherever you invoke Lynx,
  # enter the full path below, eg '/home/<username>/.lynx_session'.

I hope you don't need a patch (smile).