Re: [Lynx-dev] unpacked directory name

From: Paul Gilmartin
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] unpacked directory name
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 08:14:59 -0600

On May 17, 2008, at 22:05, Philip Webb wrote:

For TD : is it difficult to use a new dir name when tarring version files ?
I unpacked  lynx2.8.7dev.9.tar.bz2  in  /usr/local/src/
& it dumped everything into the existing  lynx2.8.7  directory,
which had been created last year by  lynx2.8.7dev.7.tar.bz2 .
Is it not easy to put everything into a dir named 'lynx2.8.7.d9'
(or whatever distinct name you prefer) before making the tar.bz2 file ?

To each his own.  I always create a new directory having the revision
name and unpack there.  I do the unpack, configure, and build with
scripts which I would otherwise have to edit with each revision.
It shouldn't be a big thing either way.  I suppose I could use
$(dirname lynx*/configure) to track revision.

-- gil