Re: [Lynx-dev] storing sessions

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] storing sessions
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 15:23:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 18 May 2008, Paul B. Mahol wrote:

Here is patch, it fix few small bugs. (including recent one)

thanks

BTW, TD: why BOOLEAN is char/byte/int?

It's been there a while - longer than I've been working on Lynx.
So part of my comments are secondhand info.

I recall reading one of the other developers stating that there
was some scheme for deciding which to use.  But no one's enforced
that (choice between BOOL and BOOLEAN) for some time.

On win32 the compilers may define BOOL and/or BOOLEAN. You see that reflected in HTUtils.h - and if it's defined, we use it (rather than trying to override it).

For other platforms it's generally not defined or declared.
Some compilers may have a comparable bool or Bool type.  Lynx
isn't using that.  But its default for BOOLEAN is a char since
that's the smallest data available (it only has to hold 1 bit).