Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: [whatwg] Removing @rev

From: Halász Sándor Viktor
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: [whatwg] Removing @rev
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 23:35:17 -0400

Ian: would it be too much to have the spec say that @rev is valid if
and only if its value is "made" or "owner"?
That way I can continue supporting older versions of lynx until people
have updated to a version supporting rel=author
<<<<<<<<
Seems to me that 'rel' and 'rev' never really were the thing. It is too
confusing to use mutually exclusive attributes to show what belongs to what
(and 'link' already has too many such), although means to assert 'this is
that (the linked-to) s index' and 'that (the linked-to) is this s index'
are needful, something like, but better than, 'rel=thissIndex' and
'rel=thatsIndex'.