Re: [Lynx-dev] storing sessions

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] storing sessions
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 12:33:42 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Dickey dixit:

> On win32 the compilers may define BOOL and/or BOOLEAN.  You see that reflected
> in HTUtils.h - and if it's defined, we use it (rather than trying to override
> it).
>
> For other platforms it's generally not defined or declared.

mksh does it like this:

• (1) if <stdbool.h> exists (autoconf’d), use it
• (2) [see below]
• (3) if not, use our own snippet of code:

----- cutting here may damage your screen surface -----
typedef int bool;
#define false 0
#define true 1
----- cutting here may damage your screen surface -----

While this is not an issue for mksh, native DOS/Win32 (and maybe VMS?) compi-
lations could add a step (2) which scans for alternative (non-C99) definitions
of boolean types (BOOL, BOOLEAN, _Bool, whatever, maybe even C++ style) and
makes use of them.

Actually using this C99-style bool/true/false type is a matter of search and
replace, iff the code has been using a sort-of booleans before already.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
[...] if maybe ext3fs wasn't a better pick, or jfs, or maybe reiserfs, oh but
what about xfs, and if only i had waited until reiser4 was ready... in the be-