Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx - files above 2GB in size - size reported by Lynx is

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx - files above 2GB in size - size reported by Lynx is not correct
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:26:58 +0000 (UTC)

Tomas Liska dixit:

> I would like to report the issue, which I met just a few seconds ago. I
> downloaded a file, which has 4GB in size. The lynx is reporting the bad total
> size while downloading. It reports only 2GB. Although it reports a bad file
> size value, the file has been downloaded correctly. So I assume it is not an
> issue of functionality, but it is a case of comfort of the UI.

I suggest checking the server response too. For example,

address@hidden:~ $ openssl s_client -connect blah:443 -quiet -CApath
/etc/ssl/certs
HEAD /blah.iso HTTP/1.0
Host: blah

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 00:13:26 GMT
Server: httpd/3.30A (Unix)
Last-Modified: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 00:16:02 GMT
ETag: "80db1dfd13cbc3130d75f4d8e362b3a1639d78f7"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

This is a bug in Apache.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
[...] if maybe ext3fs wasn't a better pick, or jfs, or maybe reiserfs, oh but
what about xfs, and if only i had waited until reiser4 was ready... in the be-