Re: [Lynx-dev] mime_header in Lynx

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] mime_header in Lynx
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:25:50 +0100

Sigletos George wrote:
The "mime_header" option in lynx is supposed to print the MIME header along with the source of a document.

wget is a better tool for doing this. However, note most reasons one might want to fetch both headers and body would be violations of the terms of service of this sort of site. They typically have an explicit term forbidding machine processing, because it tends to compromise their business model.

If you were expecting the URL to work as a deep link, I suspect you were frustrated by their anti-deep linking logic, which might be as simple as only going to the home page if there is no vaid cookie.

Why is this not working using -for example- the following link?

Even when I used -mime_header, rather than -head, this worked perfectly. There is no document source at that URL.

--
David Woolley