RE: [Lynx-dev] Logging into Slashdot

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: RE: [Lynx-dev] Logging into Slashdot
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:00:39 +0000 (UTC)

Larson, Timothy E. dixit:

>I can log in.  You might try a newer version - your Lynx is over 4 years
>out-of-date.

That is not the problem. Since a couple of years, you can only login to
the main page, but not to the subpages (e.g. bsd.slashdot.org), which also
prevents you effectively from posting comments there (as non-AC).

I have since dropped /. entirely. Its new look isn't too Lynx-friendly
either… symlink.ch still uses a sort of good-looking slashcode (even if
it doesn’t support Unicode) and has IT related news.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
[...] if maybe ext3fs wasn't a better pick, or jfs, or maybe reiserfs, oh but
what about xfs, and if only i had waited until reiser4 was ready... in the be-