Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem?
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 05:55:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, Philip Webb wrote:

080707 Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jul 2008, Aidan C A Hopkins (Server Admin) wrote:
Somebody has said that Lynx does not work with the following site:
 http://cccbr.org.uk/
When asked which version, they claimed "any".
If I change the user-agent, it does deliver a page, so it's based on that.
(w3m and *links* aren't rejected).
Perhaps its webmaster has some opinion to offer.

It doesn't come up with Lynx 2.8.7dev.9 .
No problem with Firefox 3.0 , Konqueror 3.5.9 or even Dillo.

It's the user-agent field (see options menu) that matters.
I checked Opera, Firefox, w3m, and the various flavors of *links*.
Changing the user-agent to "Mozilla" got it to deliver a page.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net