Re: [Lynx-dev] Goto URL whose name is provided by a program ?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Goto URL whose name is provided by a program ?
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 12:50:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:

Hi,

At the Goto RUL prompt, I'd like to be able to type something like
`script args`
(with the back-quotes)
so that lynx would run script passing it args and would read the URL to
go to from the standard output of this execution.

Lynx can read options from stdin, and also if the -stdin option is given,
will read HTML from stdin.  You could construct a page with just the
url in that input, though that would be less friendly (requires the
user to press "return" immediately after starting lynx).

I've checked the used manual bu couldn't find such a feature.

Any idea about how this could be achieved ?

I'd run lynx from a script that reads the url from stdin and sets the
STARTFILE to that value.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net