Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx pre-processing

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx pre-processing
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 14:23:06 +0900

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 03:25:30PM +0200, Rado S wrote:
> Moin moin, on a different original topic ...

It's the same topic.

> How does this work exactly?
> I'd like lynx to act as pager for example for pdf2txt and word2txt

Well, you're going to embarrass the **** out of me now, but what I
use for doc files (English or Japanese) is:
DOWNLOADER:View doc:wvWare -c sjis -1 %s|nkf -Se|lynx -stdin -nolist:TRUE
and for pdf files (English only) is:
DOWNLOADER:View pdf:pdftotext %s -|par 72|most:TRUE

Enter these in your "lynx.cfg" file.

Hit "d" on the file and select your option, e.g., "View doc."  Don't
forget that Lynx has evoked that last program (lynx or most in the
examples), so you have to exit that to get back to the instance of
lynx you started from.  In other words, Lynx calls the pager of your
choice, and while that can indeed be another instance of Lynx, Lynx
is not acting directly as the pager.  Nothing but your imagination
limits what you can do (and coax Lynx to do for you)!

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999