Re: [Lynx-dev] Auto-session trouble.

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Auto-session trouble.
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 05:50:15 -0700

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 21:25:37 +0200
Paul B. Mahol wrote:

> On 8/9/08, Patrick <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi.  :-)

[...]
> > Still, it looks like a good idea, and should be very useful once
> > the details get worked out.  :-)  It should already be useful to
> > some, if in a limited way.
> >

> > Thanks again,
>
> Bug for enabling changing auto-session configuration from lynxrc file
> is already fixed, available as patch in mailing list archivers. TD
> will include it in next dev version of lynx.

This one?
    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/2008-05/msg00042.html

There are a lot of patches on the list, so maybe I should just
wait for 2.8.7dev.10 .  That one seemed the most likely.

> Tilde expansion bug will be fixed when I find more time, or if
> somebody else send correct patch.

You know I'd like to...

I still wouldn't call it a bug though, because other lynx.cfg
settings don't support tilde expansion either [jump-file, for
example], and the documentation *doesn't* claim that it will work
for session files.  Incomplete maybe, but not a bug as far as I
can tell.

Thanks,

Patrick.
--
People are unconditionally guaranteed to be full of defects.